Phorum: speed & power.

Forum Colo Hauteville

Discussion :

Options :

replacements beat a Dallas

Auteur: huangjian123

Date: 26 septembre 2018, 09:13

— Pittsburgh Pirates right-hander Chris Archer has left his start with left leg discomfort.

Archer was removed after four innings Monday night against the Atlanta Braves. It was his fourth start since being acquired from the Tampa Bay Rays in a trade July 31.

Archer appeared to be injured while batting in the third inning. He fell as he attempted to check his swing while striking out against Bryse Wilson Trey Burton Jersey , who was making his major league debut.

Manager Clint Hurdle and a trainer visited the mound after Archer warmed up before the fourth, but he remained in the game for one more inning.

Archer allowed one run and five hits while striking out three and walking one.

Left-hander Steven Brault replaced Archer after being recalled from Triple-A Indianapolis prior to the game.

In 1987, the NFL players went on strike, and owners brought in replacement players for three weeks of the season. Washington’s replacement players went 3-0 Art Monk Jersey , including a huge upset of a Dallas team that had several players cross the picket line, and after the strike ended Washington’s regular players went on to win the Super Bowl.

At the time, only the regular players got Super Bowl rings. Yesterday, that changed: Washington gave Super Bowl rings to its replacement players Mike Ditka Jersey , at a ceremony attended by Super Bowl MVP Doug Williams and one of the team’s best defensive players, Dexter Manley.

“It was surreal,” Skip Lane, one of 25 replacement players in attendance http://www.greenbaypackersteamonline.com/aaron-rodgers-jersey , told ESPN. “Even walking in here I never really thought I was going to get the ring. I still don’t believe it’s on my hand. It’s a fantasy almost. It’s the coolest thing that’s ever happened to me. It’s been such a long time coming. I think it’s going to take a while to set in that it’s on my hand. I keep touching it.”

During the strike, many regular players expressed anger at the scabs who gave the NFL’s owners leverage in negotiations. But over time a respect has grown for the 1987 Washington replacement team, which banded together to win all three games without any regular NFL players. Amazingly, in the very last replacement game — after the players’ union had agreed to end the strike but before it was officially over — a Washington team featuring only replacements beat a Dallas team that had several stars cross the picket line Randy White Jersey , including starting quarterback Danny White, Hall of Fame running back Tony Dorsett and Hall of Fame defensive lineman Randy White. It was one of the greatest upsets in NFL history.

And it was a game that helped Washington win the NFC East. Although the replacement players who got their rings yesterday were long gone by the time Washington won the Super Bowl, they helped the team get there. And yesterday they were recognized.

Womens Keke Coutee Jersey
Voir:
Options:
Sujet(s) Lu Ecrit par Déposé le
replacements beat a Dallas 90 huangjian123 26/09/18 09:13

Options :

Seules les personnes enregistrées peuvent poster sur ce forum.