Phorum: speed & power.

Forum Colo Hauteville

Discussion :

Options :

lieves his love of basketba

Auteur: huangjian123

Date: 11 septembre 2018, 09:21

Patrick Mahomes II dropped back to pass during a recent Chiefs practice Mitchell Schwartz Jersey , and before the new quarterback even had time to set up, fearsome pass rusher Justin Houston was staring him in the eyes.

Without Mahomes turning his back, either.

The four-time Pro Bowl linebacker has primarily played on the right side during his career, which means he's been chasing quarterbacks down from their blind side. But his new position coach, Mike Smith, intends to line Houston up opposite the weakest player on an opponent's offensive line, and often that will mean facing the right tackle rather than the left.

"It doesn't matter what side. I want to be everywhere," Houston said this week. "The weakest link is where I want to be. Every team is different. Everybody has a different weak link. So whoever has the weakest link, wherever it is, that's where I want to be."

Just so long as it's on the field.

Houston spent a lot of time on the sideline the last few years as a career that once seemed destined for the Hall of Fame was slowed by injuries. He piled up 22 sacks in 2014, a half-sack shy of the single-season NFL record, and was rewarded with a $101 million, six-year contract that made him one of the highest-paid defensive players in the league.

But after playing well the first 11 games the following season, Houston hyperextended his knee in Week 12, and what seemed like a relatively benign injury had lasting ramifications.

He tried to return in the playoffs but was ineffective in a win over Houston and a divisional loss to New England. And that hyperextended knee turned out to reveal a "non-functioning" ligament, causing Houston to undergo serious knee surgery in February 2016.

He wound up missing the first nine games that season Kyle Van Noy Jersey , and after appearing in a handful midway through the year, was shut down until the playoffs. The Chiefs had hoped Houston would be able to help them when it mattered, but he was again ineffective in a playoff loss to Pittsburgh.

Even last season, when Houston continually professed himself healthy, he never appeared to be going full speed. He was listed as questionable on the injury report twice because of his knee, and he finished the season with 9陆 sacks in 15 regular-season games.

It wasn't until training camp, a few weeks back, that he acknowledged "playing on one leg."

"When you have surgery, and the surgery I had on my knee, it takes time," Houston said. "As much as you want to be ready, it still takes time to get your pop back and get where you want to be. I think I'm there. I think I'm beyond there right now and it feels great to be back in that feeling."

His fellow linebackers have noticed, too.

"Justin, he's starting to really go back to that 22-sack guy, so we have an opportunity to be one of the best (pass-rushing groups) in the league," Dee Ford said. "People don't understand how bad his injury was and how he also tried to play Reshad Jones Jersey , and he tried to come back too fast, and he's not an excuse guy and you got to really respect that."

One could argue that nobody is more crucial to the Chiefs' defense than Houston, given the way the defense has been overhauled. Longtime pass rusher Tamba Hali is gone, and Ford has dealt with his share of injuries, resulting in a precipitous drop in sacks the past couple of years.

Throw in the departure of playmaking cornerback Marcus Peters, who was traded to the Rams in a move designed to improve club morale, and the pressure is on Houston to, well, create some pressure.

"Would you love to have a million sacks? Yeah, I would love that. But the biggest thing is always affecting the quarterback," Chiefs defensive coordinator Bob Sutton said. "Obviously you can affect his timing. You don't have to sack him. But as long as you are moving him, and making him get off that spot a little bit, then you can affect him."

Houston should be able to help now that's moving around more.

Both on his knee and all over the field.

NOTES: OLs Cam Erving (knee) and Eric Fisher (shoulder) left Thursday's practice with "tweaks," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. Mitchell Schwartz moved from RT to LT, Andrew Wylie took over at RT and Bryan Witzmann took over at LG. ... The Chiefs are off Friday before resuming camp on Saturday.

Kyrie Irving doesn’t have to worry about free agency until next summer, though he’s got plenty to keep him busy for now.

There’s a movie to promote and a knee to mend. He hopes he’s good on screen Shaq Lawson Jersey , but wants to be better than ever on the court.

”Now becomes the real climb to Mount Everest, back to the top,” Irving said Monday. ”So I’m just taking my time.”

The Boston Celtics All-Star is hoping he can start playing again in a couple weeks. But he’s staying patient in his rehab from late-season surgery because of an infection in his knee, figuring the extra time can only help after he played deep into June the previous two years with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

He was traded to the Celtics last summer while filming ”Uncle Drew.” The movie, in which he plays an old playground basketball legend who started as a character in Pepsi commercials, premieres in New York on Tuesday and opens nationwide Friday.

The Cavaliers gave Irving’s former jersey number to Collin Sexton, drafted last week with the No. 8 pick that Cleveland acquired from Boston in the trade. But Irving wasn’t upset, saying he already gave away the only Cavs’ No. 2 that matters to him – the one he wore while hitting the biggest shot in the franchise’s history.

That was on Father’s Day in 2016, the night Irving nailed the 3-pointer that helped the Cavaliers beat the Warriors in Game 7 of the NBA Finals for the franchise’s first championship.

”The history, it’s already captured, man,” Irving said. ”I was on one of the best teams in NBA history in my opinion, just accomplishing something that was that much bigger than ourselves. A feat that was, we’re one of no other teams. We’re like 1 of 1, in history. So for me, I think the biggest thing was giving that jersey to my dad Adrian Phillips Jersey , and if that’s where the No. 2 legacy ends, then cool.”

Though Irving asked to be traded – a request LeBron James hoped the Cavs wouldn’t honor – he looks back fondly on his time in what’s now Sexton’s number.

”I gave a lot of commitment and sacrifice to being there from Day 1, so to have that six-year span of doing some unbelievable things, I’m definitely happy about it,” he said. ”I never shy away from that in terms of Cleveland giving me the opportunity to a 19-year-old kid of wearing No. 2. Now, it’s just a transition in the league.

”There’s no hard feelings from my end. But now he has to start from kind of the chopping block just like everyone else did, so I’m excited for him.”

And he’s excited for ”Uncle Drew,” in which Irving rounds up his old teammates to play in a tournament at New York’s Rucker Park. Shaquille O’Neal, Reggie Miller, Chris Webber and Nate Robinson star as his old running mates. They were on set with him when they started getting alerts that Irving had been traded.

”Once it happened, the dancing just got a little better,” Irving said.

Irving needed three hours of makeup daily to look like a senior citizen before the 14 hours a day of filming. He believes his love of basketball shows up through his role of wise old sage who hangs around the courts – though Irving himself hasn’t played on outdoor playgrounds in years.

His game is indoors now, and he plans on being back there this summer before dealing with his own free agency next summer.

”Not just the same way but also a lot better,” Irving said. ”That’s where the focus has to be. If you leave any room for doubt or uncertainly, I mean you might as well get out of the game.”

Womens Marquez Valdes-Scantling Jersey

Voir:
Options:
Sujet(s) Lu Ecrit par Déposé le
lieves his love of basketba 80 huangjian123 11/09/18 09:21

Options :

Seules les personnes enregistrées peuvent poster sur ce forum.