Phorum: speed & power.

Forum Colo Hauteville

Discussion :

Options :

has seven homers this

Auteur: huangjian123

Date: 3 septembre 2018, 09:47

If given the chance Taven Bryan Jersey , Michael Porter Jr. would have a simple question for those who touted him as the best NBA prospect in this draft class a year ago and no longer do today.

Why?

The way he sees it, Porter was widely considered the best high-schooler in the country 12 months ago – even though he had back issues that led to him having surgery last fall and basically robbed him of his only college season at Missouri. So now, he thinks it’s logical that if his back is better, his stock should be even higher as well.

”I’m still the best player,” Porter said.

And that’s his message at the NBA Draft Combine, going on this week in Chicago. The small forward went through the anthropometric testing – height, weight, wingspan, body fat percentage and so on – but isn’t partaking in on-court matters this week, opting instead to save his statements there until he gets workouts with teams over the coming weeks.

”I know without a doubt,” Porter said. ”I’ve played against all these guys. They’re all great players. But I’m the best player in this draft and I can’t wait to show what I’m capable of.”

The players who are likely to be taken at the very top of next month’s draft aren’t participating in the combine. Arizona’s Deandre Ayton declined an invitation, Slovenian standout Luka Doncic’s season in Europe isn’t in Chicago – his European season isn’t over – and Duke’s Marvin Bagley III only took part in interviews with some teams.

That doesn’t mean intrigue is lacking at this gathering of hopefuls.

Texas’ Mo Bamba, he of the 7-foot-10 wingspan , said he believes he merits consideration from Phoenix for the No. 1 overall pick. Billy Preston , who left Kansas in November under the cloud of an NCAA investigation and briefly played in Europe, is in Chicago and insisting that he’s ready mentally and physically for the NBA life. Brian Bowen , who hasn’t played a college game yet – he left Louisville for South Carolina after it became known he was part of the FBI’s probe into college basketball and could only practice with the Gamecocks after enrolling there – is participating as well.

But there might not be a player in Chicago with more intrigue around him right now than Porter, who went from can’t-miss to couldn’t-play.

”Mike is a great player Kyle Long Jersey ,” said Bruce Brown Jr., a guard who’s leaving Miami after two seasons for the NBA. ”I know him personally. We’re cool as friends. I think he can show the world what he is capable of and what I know he’s capable of.”

Porter is among the 25 or so Chicago invitees who are skipping the 5-on-5 portions of the combine. That’s not a surprise – the trend in recent years has been for players who are likely to be taken with the highest picks to skip some or all of the combine events – but a case could be argued that Porter could have used some game time.

He played in three games at Missouri, one of those for only two minutes before his back surgery on Nov. 21. He returned for two NCAA Tournament games.

Here’s how little Porter played last season: There were 3,505 players in Division I who scored more points than he did in his only college campaign. Porter shot 10 for 30 at Missouri, scoring 30 points in 53 minutes.

Obviously, those aren’t best-player numbers. Everything else on his resume suggests otherwise – 36.2 points and 13.6 rebounds per game as a senior in high school, MVP of the McDonald’s All-American Game, and was both the Naismith and Gatorade Boys High School National Player of the Year awards. He was the fifth player to sweep those, joining Alonzo Mourning, Dwight Howard, Chris Webber and LeBron James.

Big-time company.

”In the workouts, I won’t be holding back at all,” Porter said.

He’s interviewing with a slew of teams this week – New York, Dallas, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Atlanta, Cleveland A'Shawn Robinson Jersey , Memphis, Houston and the Los Angeles Clippers so far, with Sacramento, Charlotte, Oklahoma City and Boston still to go. He knows that the Bulls fans are letting anyone who will listen on Twitter know they want him, and said he was impressed how New York’s braintrust knew many things about him.

And make no mistake: He says he is raring to play again.

”I was hoping to turn college basketball upside down, just like a lot of these players,” Porter said. ”But this is just a step in my process. It’s a little different, but I’m more ready than ever. I’ve been dreaming about this NBA stuff for so long. I feel like I’m ready.”

Wilmer Font worked into the sixth inning to get his first major league win, Willy Adames homered and the Tampa Bay Rays beat the New York Yankees 4-0 on Saturday.

Font (1-3) allowed three hits, one walk and struck out four over 5 2/3 innings. Four relievers completed a four-hitter.

Adames had an RBI single during a two-run second and added a solo homer in the seventh off Sonny Gray (5-5).

The Rays have won the first two of a three-game series against the Yankees, who have the best record in the majors.

New York (50-24), coming off a three-game sweep over Seattle, is the only team in the big leagues not to have dropped more than two straight games this year. This is the latest the Yankees have gone into a season without losing three in a row since August 1954.

REDS 11, CUBS 2

CINCINNATI (AP) – Anthony DeSclafani hit the first grand slam by a Cincinnati pitcher in 59 years, helping the last-place Reds beat the Chicago Cubs for their sixth consecutive victory.

It was Cincinnati’s third slam in five days and major league-leading seventh of the season, two short of the record set in 2002. The last Reds pitcher to hit a grand slam was Bob Purkey against the Cubs on Aug. 1, 1959. DeSclafani (3-1) also pitched a season-high 6 1/3 innings and allowed three hits Johnthan Banks Jersey , struck out three and walked four.

Tucker Barnhart and Joey Votto also went deep in front of a crowd of 36,818, Cincinnati’s largest since opening day. Votto hit a three-run shot off backup catcher Chris Gimenez in the eighth.

Willson Contreras and Ben Zobrist homered for Chicago, which has lost three straight. Luke Farrell (2-3), a former Red and the son of ex-Red Sox manager and current Reds scout John Farrell, was charged with three runs and two hits in his second career start.

MARINERS 7, RED SOX 2

BOSTON (AP) – Mike Leake pitched eight shutout innings, Mitch Haniger drove in three runs and the Seattle Mariners snapped a season-high five-game losing streak with a victory over the Red Sox.

Nelson Cruz had three hits and scored twice a night after hitting two homers and driving in seven runs for Seattle, which went on its skid after beating Boston two straight at home last weekend. Leake (8-4) gave up three singles, struck out five and walked two six days after he allowed five runs and took the loss against the Red Sox at Safeco Field. Edwin Diaz gave up two runs in the ninth.

Eduardo Rodriguez (9-2) gave up five runs, four earned, in four innings, snapping his personal six-game win streak. The Red Sox were 13-1 in his starts this season.

RANGERS 9, TWINS 6

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) – Adrian Beltre and Robinson Chirinos homered to help Yovani Gallardo win for the first time since last July as the Texas Rangers beat the Minnesota Twins.

Delino DeShields had two hits and drove in two runs for the Rangers, who have won a season-high seven in a row.

Eddie Rosario homered and drove in four runs, while Logan Morrison also homered and Mitch Garver had three hits for the Twins, who have lost three straight.

Gallardo (1-0) entered with a 15.95 ERA and made his second start for Texas after opening the year with Cincinnati. He fell behind 2-0 just five pitches into the game on Rosario’s homer before turning it around and pitching into the sixth. Gallardo gave up four earned runs on six hits. Keone Kela gave up a two-run double to Rosario, but struck out Morrison with the bases loaded to end the game Taylor Gabriel Jersey , earning his 18th save.

Twins starter Jake Odorizzi (3-5) retired the side in order in the first inning, but the Rangers knocked him out in a six-run second.

DODGERS 8, METS 3

NEW YORK (AP) – Clayton Kershaw and Jacob deGrom stumbled in an unexpected ace showdown, Matt Kemp hit a pinch grand slam during a five-run eighth and the Los Angeles Dodgers beat the slumping Mets.

The Dodgers have won 11 straight against the Mets dating to May 2016, matching their best run in the rivalry. Los Angeles beat New York 11 straight times across 1963 and `64.

Kershaw gave up two runs over three innings in a surprise return from the disabled list. He threw 55 pitches, starting out strong before laboring through his final inning. Left-handed rookie Caleb Ferguson (1-1) replaced him and escaped a couple tight situations over four scoreless innings for his first major league win.

DeGrom (5-3) allowed three earned runs in six innings, including Max Muncy’s 14th home run in the first. He entered the game with a major league-leading 1.51 ERA and hadn’t allowed three earned runs in a game since April 16 against Washington. New York has lost five straight overall and 12 of 13 at home.

ORIOLES 7, BRAVES 5

ATLANTA (AP) – Mark Trumbo hit a first-inning grand slam, Chris Davis doubled in three runs and the Baltimore Orioles beat the Braves.

Dylan Bundy (6-7) allowed two runs and seven hits in 6 1/3 innings while improving to 3-0 in June. One day after allowing four runs and recording only one out, Zach Britton pitched around a one-out walk to Johan Camargo in the ninth to earn his first save.

AL East-leading Atlanta dropped its third consecutive game. Julio Teheran (5-5) allowed a season-high seven runs in 4 2/3 innings.

Trumbo’s homer was his fourth in his last six games. He has seven homers this season after missing April with a right quad strain.

Nick Markakis, who spent his first nine seasons with Baltimore, drove in three runs for Atlanta, including a two-run double off Donnie Hart in the seventh.

CARDINALS 3, BREWERS 2

MILWAUKEE (AP) – Yadier Molina homered twice to back a strong start by Miles Mikolas and lift the St. Louis Cardinals to a victory.

Molina’s two-run homer in the sixth inning off Vincent Edwards Jersey ,

Voir:
Options:
Sujet(s) Lu Ecrit par Déposé le
has seven homers this 88 huangjian123 03/09/18 09:47

Options :

Seules les personnes enregistrées peuvent poster sur ce forum.