Phorum: speed & power.

Forum Colo Hauteville

Discussion :

Options :

-1 loss to the Yankees o

Auteur: huangjian123

Date: 21 août 2018, 09:17

Chris Thompson goes out for a pass route with his right leg on his mind.

Eight months since breaking his right fibula DaeSean Hamilton Jersey Elite , Thompson still thinks about it when running and making sudden moves. Now two days into his first taste of team drills at training camp, the Washington Redskins‘ 2017 offensive MVP is attempting to get over the mental hurdle of rehabbing from surgery and getting back to normal.

”I’m still nervous about just making cuts,” he said. ”I’m nervous about, `What happens if this guy falls and hits my ankle?’ I know it’s healed. I know the plate is there so I don’t have to worry about it breaking. But it’s a big mental game.”

Thompson became Washington’s secret weapon on offense with 39 catches for 510 yards receiving and four touchdowns to go along with 64 carries for 294 yards rushing and two touchdowns on the ground. It’s no coincidence the Redskins’ playoff hopes effectively ended when Thompson went down in New Orleans in November.

Doctors put a plate and five screws in Thompson’s leg, and he considered the ensuing rehab more difficult than after previous surgeries to repair knee injuries. They told him he wouldn’t be 100 percent until a full year had passed, so it’s on Thompson to manage the pain, his own expectations and his progression along with the team’s training staff.

It’s easier said than done.

”I talk to the trainers the whole time, especially before practice just to ask them, `What am I doing today?”’ Thompson said. ”Because I know me: If I’m feeling good, I’ll continue to just go. They’re just letting me know what I’m doing every step of the way. I’m just kind of leaving it in their hands and just … kind of being smart about it because I know this is still a journey.”

The goal of the journey is being ready for the beginning of the regular season. Coach Jay Gruden on Wednesday said he was confident Thompson would be ready for the opener Sept. 9 at Arizona.

”The way he runs, he looks faster right now Andy Dalton Youth Jersey ,” Gruden said. ”His burst looks like it’s 100 percent back. Only he knows how he feels as far as being 100 percent. … But he looks great right now.”

Gruden left open the possibility of limiting Thompson’s workload early in the season because the 27-year-old running back knows he’s not yet close to being back to himself. The sustained speed isn’t there, but teammates are glad to get a glimpse of Thompson working his way back.

”Chris Thompson’s a key asset to our offense,” linebacker Preston Smith said. ”He brings a lot of different tools to the offense. He can be used in multiple ways. And seeing him out there practicing is a great thing for Chris because I love him, his spirit. He’s a great teammate, a great guy and I always want to see him on the field.”

There are several steps left in Thompson’s progression, including no limitations in practice and then possibly some action in preseason games. The next milestone is getting hit by an opponent and seeing how he reacts.

”I am not looking forward to it, but I know I’ve got to do it,” Thompson said. ”I know I’m going to be super nervous about it, but once I get that first hit, whether it’s in preseason or the first game or whatever they plan on doing – once I get hit one time, I know I’m going to be good after that.”

NOTES: WR Josh Doctson left practice after landing hard on his left shoulder while trying to make a diving catch. A spokesman said Doctson was being evaluated for a shoulder injury and that the team would have an update Thursday. In a since-deleted tweet on his verified account Seahawks Ed Dickson Jersey , Doctson said he’s ”just fine silly rabbit.” In another tweet, he said, ”(hash)imgood.” … WR Paul Richardson went down in individual drills but returned minutes later and made several catches. … S DeAngelo Hall announced his retirement at a formal news conference after playing 14 NFL seasons for the Atlanta Falcons, Redskins and Oakland Raiders.

WASHINGTON — The Boston Red Sox will look to get a jump on the day and complete a sweep of the Washington Nationals Wednesday morning at Nationals Park.

The Nationals, hosting their traditional 11:05 a.m. July Fourth game, will try to avoid dropping their fifth straight game and falling below .500.

Boston (58-29) won for the seventh time in its last nine games Tuesday night, getting three-run homers from Eduardo Nunez and Xander Bogaerts, and a two-run shot from J.D. Martinez in an 11-4 rout.

The Red Sox took an early 3-0 lead on the Nunez homer in the second inning, pulled away with a six-run fifth and saw Martinez cap the offensive explosion in the ninth. Martinez drove in four runs, increasing his major league-leading RBI total to 71.

“Just a good day,” Martinez told mlb.com. “We came out Mike Marjama Seattle Mariners Jersey , we kept the bases occupied, pretty much gave ourselves a chance where we kept passing the baton and getting the next guy up. Had a big hit from Bogey there early in the game, and everyone pretty much kept feeding off that.”

Washington (42-42) matched Boston’s hit total (12) but couldn’t string them together or produce them at crucial moments. The Nationals remained seven games behind Atlanta in the NL East.

Washington’s Tanner Roark (3-10) saw his June struggles bleed into July as he allowed nine runs on 10 hits in seven innings while preserving a tired bullpen. After the Nationals closed to within 3-2 in the fourth, Roark was tagged in the fifth.

“If these guys would give our lineup a chance, we’ll start winning some games because we are playing better,” Nationals manager Dave Martinez told mlb.com regarding the big inning. “I see that. We came back and scored two runs, and the energy was great. We go back out there, and they come back and score six runs, and everything just goes dormant again.

“They didn’t quit, but here we go, scratching and clawing again Edwin Encarnacion Jersey , trying to get back in the game, and it’s tough. It’s tough for the boys.”

Washington’s hopes for salvaging the finale rest with right-hander Erick Fedde (1-3, 6.00 ERA), who is replacing injured Stephen Strasburg in the rotation. Fedde picked up a win in his previous start despite allowing five runs and eight hits in five innings of a 17-7 win over the Phillies on Friday.

“My stuff wasn’t great today,” he told MASN.com. “But days like those it’s really nice when your team puts up 17 runs. I’ll take that. Hopefully next time when the games are close, I can be the one to keep it close.”

Wednesday will be Fedde’s first career appearance against Boston.

Boston left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez (9-3, 4.11) will try to snap a two-start slump Wednesday morning. Last time out he gave up five runs on seven hits — including two home runs — in six innings of an 8-1 loss to the Yankees on Friday. It was his second straight loss after winning six straight starts.

“I missed a couple pitches down the plate and they made an adjustment,” Rodriguez told the Boston Herald. “No matter who you face, if you miss on the plate that’s what happens.”

Rodriguez has never faced the Nationals.

The Nationals may get some offensive help Wednesday with the possible return of first baseman Matt Adams (fractured finger), who went 0-for-3 in a rehab game Tuesday night for Double-A Harrisburg.

Voir:
Options:
Sujet(s) Lu Ecrit par Déposé le
-1 loss to the Yankees o 88 huangjian123 21/08/18 09:17

Options :

Seules les personnes enregistrées peuvent poster sur ce forum.